Header Title and JS

original christmas rocknroll stpats easter beltane superheroes movies seasonscolours worldcup update pirates footy animals halloween mii simpsons shrek gaming 2009 2012

The Family Bandwagon

Our family is spread out across the country and across the world, and what better way to keep in touch than a collaborative digital journal?

Thursday 18 August 2005

Remote Glenn

It's hard trying to figure out what to write on each weblog, but I think I may have it :-
  • On kiltedaussie, I write things about travelling, starting life in Scotland and generally adventuring
  • On The Family Bandwagon, things of a more familial nature -- stuff about family, what we're all doing, opinions and whatnot
  • and on Glennji.com, when in use, I put geek/nerd/tech stuff! Easy!

Not sure whether the distinctions are really that clear, but I figure I have to do something or I'll just end up cross-posting the same story (or whatever) to all three. Not that that would necessarily be a bad thing, but I think we're all reading multiple sites (like this and Tales and Dayna's blackcloud) so it would probably get boring.

What does that have to do with family stuff, then? I guess I can ignore my own rules or recommendations and just write something about nothing, or writing about writing, a kind of meta-post. And I know you'll all just shake you heads and roll your eyes and say, "Tsk tsk, that Glenn, he always was the crazy twin."

What can I say? I really liked the bicycle in the tree -- that was cool. What kind of bike do you have, Dayna? I'd like to get a bike, but we're resisting going into the bike shops until (as with everything) we obtain gainful employment. I personally want one with disc brakes and suspension up the wazoo -- there's lots of cobblestone roads around Edinburgh, which is really just an excuse because I just like the idea of well-engineered (even over-engineered) pedal power.

Hey, could someone please get some more photos of Trinity up somewhere? We're missing out here!

Tell Nanna (or let her read this!) thank you for the lovely card. We will have to get a bunch of postcards out to people I think! It's not like we're really busy, just lazy. Well, maybe not lazy either -- we've been doing a bunch of exercise just walking around, up hills, down hills, up Arthur's Seat, down Arthur's Seat -- but something close to mental laziness. I think that, to belabour a point, we're putting everything off until we are working. Just hope it's soon!

Oh yeah! That's the other thing -- Damien, do you think you could throw together some cartoon versions of everyone that we could include in the header? I picture just a lineup of us all along the top underneath "The Family Bandwagon". Just a thought ;-)

2 comments:

  1. like the comment about cartoon everyone.. *grin* so, damien.. where's my avatar.. heheh.. sorry.. not demanding, really.

    my bike is a mountain bike.. it's got suspension and gears and normal brake and a speedo/odo (that needs new batteries, so right now it doesn't have the speedo/odo - it's lost somwhere amongst my roomful of stuff).. and it's black! *grin* and i've got a kick-arse lock for it. heheh.. from what i remember, riding in Edinburgh is good, but you need to make sure you lock your bike up properly or it'll leave you (and that's even cheap and nasty ones!). consider yourselves warned!

    i agree that it's difficult to figure out what to put in what blog.. my blogger one is a bit sparse at the moment - i think about writing and then that's about it.. o well.. soon. *smile*

    this is a really long comment.. heheh..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just glad to have a bicycle with wheels.
    Dad

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.