anmyway.. i'm really not sure what i should be looking for. my little old one is a 256 kB (expandable by SD card - but my 256 kB card died a week or so ago). i found the 512 kB was not quite enough space (especially since my SD card was frequently stupid and wouldn't play tracks that were supposedly there..). i have between 2 - 3 GB music.. so i'm thinking of either a tiny 1 GB one (like the iRiver T20) or a slightly larger 4 - 8 GB one (i saw the Sony "Aura" NW-A1000 today). However, looking at the reviews for the Sony, the computer interface is not good. This is something else that annoys me about my current player - the interface is dodgy and doesn't always work - in fact, it frequently has 'issues'.
so, basically i want:
- something that is at least 1 GB
- something convenient (that i can easily carry around)
- a good interface (or just a 'copy files across')
- good battery life (or takes AAAs since i've got quite a few rechargables - for my old one)
- preferrably something that can play WMA (since that's what all my music is currently saved as)
- preferrably something with a voice record (cos my current one has it - but it's being dodgy right now too..)