Header Title and JS

original christmas rocknroll stpats easter beltane superheroes movies seasonscolours worldcup update pirates footy animals halloween mii simpsons shrek gaming 2009 2012

The Family Bandwagon

Our family is spread out across the country and across the world, and what better way to keep in touch than a collaborative digital journal?

Wednesday 4 May 2016

Cardiff capers

I've been at home for the last week. I'd like to say that I've been relaxing and making the most of my leave, but I've spent most of it trying to find the balance between mobility and pain management. It was nothing serious - I seized my neck up putting out the recycling last Sunday. So foolish! So painful! 

Needless to say, Bruce has to deal with all of the rubbish from now on. And I'm much more aware of trying to lift things - just because I could lift it before, doesn't mean I should lift it now! Makes me feel like an invalid. :-(

Fortunately, it was much better by the weekend - I still have to be careful turning my head, but at least I CAN turn it now. 

Good to speak to some of you on the weekend. For those who missed the conversation, here's the latest bumpdate:


John and Gwen visited for the long weekend - they helped us move furniture around the flat. I'm happy to say that we now have space for all of the baby stuff we've been accumulating (and even more went to the tip or is ready for the op shop). 

On Saturday we went to see the Radyr and Morgantown Festival. It was very small.. A handful of stalls in the carpark of the church rooms and a tiny "procession" (local kids walking along with their parents, about a quarter of them dressed up in some way.. A handful of Roald Dahl characters and a few with team t-shirts and pom-poms). Fortunately, the local cafe was open (for once) so all we had a cuppa and cake. :-)

I'm back at work Thursday, so I'm planning on having a relaxed day tomorrow. What's your update? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.