Header Title and JS

original christmas rocknroll stpats easter beltane superheroes movies seasonscolours worldcup update pirates footy animals halloween mii simpsons shrek gaming 2009 2012

The Family Bandwagon

Our family is spread out across the country and across the world, and what better way to keep in touch than a collaborative digital journal?

Friday 30 November 2007

time for an update...

I know I've been slack with the Bandwagon.. I've done quite a bit of stuff since my last post.. wow.. i just had a quick look at my calendar and there's a LOT of updating for me to do. :)

Prague Castle by nightAs I'm sure you all know, I went to Prague back at the start of September (wow, so long ago!). I caught up with an old Uni friend, Alex, and we spent the weekend wandering around the city. I've put up a bunch of photos here. I may have only been there for a long weekend, but I managed to take a LOT of photos. :) Got to make the most of being there, right?! I think I've put comments on most of the pictures, so you can get an idea of what we got up to.



waiting for the CorkscrewHmm.. what else happened in September?

The lab group went to Alton Towers - which is a roller coaster park. I SOOOOOOOO like roller coasters.. I'd never been on one that did loop the loops before - I LIKE IT! The photo here is Luke, Laurent and Vicki, three of my friends from work.

Stuart from Canberra visited and we went to see Xavier Rudd play live (very disappointing on so many levels).

My friends, Paul and Tess (who have recently moved to Huddersfield), had a housewarming party - it was fancy dress with a Movies theme. I went as The Shadow (I'll post a piccy soon). My costume was fairly simple - a black trilby hat, a black cloak (made out of one piece of cheap stretch velvet material), a red scarf and two guns! My friend, Simon, went as Harry Potter but he cheated and hired his costume.

Dayna and BabsOctober was also fairly busy - Gregor came to visit for a weekend, but got sick so enjoyed just relaxing and watching dvds at my house; Max came to visit for a while; Vicki, Laurent and I went to see The Coral; the lab group went over to Sheffield for an evening to celebrate Bex's birthday (the photo to the right is one Vicki took on the night); I went to Birmingham for a day to catch up with Bradley from Sydney; and then it was the Manchester Science Festival.

The festival kept me very busy. It was only one week, but it was pretty full on with Murphy's Law in full swing - including me losing my voice on the Monday evening. I couldn't make a sound on Tuesday, but by Friday it was back (but very husky). Overall, I think it went well - about 1250 kiddies came past Marvellous Magnets, the hands-on magnets stall I put together. I had a couple of days off the next week (recovery) and that was October done.

This post is more than long enough, so I'll leave November for next time.

Someone else's turn now!
*grin*

1 comment:

  1. I checked out the Prague photos. Great to see you were there. It looks an interesting city. I'm sure it was good to have company.
    You have had a very busy couple of months and I know Dublin,Sicily and Spain are to come. Also many visitors(lucky to catch you at home)
    Keeping warm is no longer a problem here. Most days are over 30and summer has just arrived.
    I checked on the calendar thank you. I thought it might have been the one under construction.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.