Header Title and JS

original christmas rocknroll stpats easter beltane superheroes movies seasonscolours worldcup update pirates footy animals halloween mii simpsons shrek gaming 2009 2012

The Family Bandwagon

Our family is spread out across the country and across the world, and what better way to keep in touch than a collaborative digital journal?

Wednesday 18 July 2007

Mystery tour

Dad and I went on a Probus mystery tour on Tuesday. After travelling thru snow as well as the usual rain, we had morning tea at the golden arches. Plan was at the Organ Pipes but as that was an outdoor venue it was cancelled on account.
First stop, Telstra Dome. Unexpected, and not something we'd have done on our own. Lunch at Victoria Market with 40 minutes to eat and shop.
Next stop MCG. Did I mention a man planned this mystery trip. I think I'd have preferred DSO, but I guess again it was somewhere we never would have visited. Now I know there is a 20 year waiting list to become a member with all of the privileges that includes. I sat in one of the leather seats in the Long Room. An hour and a half of walking around and up and down to see it all. There was a film crew to record our visit. Not sure which station but I think it may be on Friday night somewhere. We headed for home at 4.30pm, just when peak hour traffic peaks,continued thru more snow and rain to arrive home at 6.30pm.
Since I now will be working on Tuesday(if only for 1 1/2 hours) I won't be available for any more trips unless they are on Thursday, and Dad isn't available Thursday.
Looking forward to Carolynn's concert next Saturday and Trinity's birthday party Sunday week. I think I might consider that to be my celebration as well. ( and we'll say Happy birthday to Cheryl) I guess even if Trinity has her own birthday, we'll be sharing the celebrations for a few years. ( I don't really need to keep count do I?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.