Header Title and JS

original christmas rocknroll stpats easter beltane superheroes movies seasonscolours worldcup update pirates footy animals halloween mii simpsons shrek gaming 2009 2012

The Family Bandwagon

Our family is spread out across the country and across the world, and what better way to keep in touch than a collaborative digital journal?

Monday 9 March 2015

Gordon St Gossip

Hi all, time for a post from us.

You've probably all seen by now that I rolled my ankle pretty badly last Monday. It's not broken, just pretty swollen and sore. That bit of excitement aside, I've been doing the usual - working, training etc. There's an Iaido grading coming up at the end of this month so I've been preparing my students for that. I'm also starting to organise the mid-year seminar, and teaching a couple of the Melbourne students on the side.

Cheryl's also been doing the usual - looking after the kids (and me now!) and getting to Pilates once a week. She's been teaching Lil to use the potty, and that's coming along really well. Oh, and walking. So much walking, thanks Dee for the Fitbit ;)

Ossie is enjoying school more this year. His favourite subject is Maths. I take him to a kids soccer class once a week to help him with his coordination (and confidence), and after some uncertainty and tears during the first lesson he's really gotten into it. I'm not a fan of forcing him to do something he doesn't want to, but in this case I think he needed the push - for the first few weeks he would complain and say he didn't want to go, but within 5 minutes was running around kicking the ball and loving it. Now he's keen to just get straight into it and start kicking goals.

Like I said Lil is learning to use the potty, and loves wearing jocks. She's got them on for most of the day now. Cheryl also takes her to a kids gym where she loves climbing, jumping and rolling around, and to the library for toddler sessions, with reading and singing. Actually, Lil loves to sing - she made up this song the other day (she was in her high chair and had finished dinner):

I want to hop down
That's what I really want
I want to hop down
All over the place
I want to hop doooooowwwwn.

Max sleeps all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.