Header Title and JS

original christmas rocknroll stpats easter beltane superheroes movies seasonscolours worldcup update pirates footy animals halloween mii simpsons shrek gaming 2009 2012

The Family Bandwagon

Our family is spread out across the country and across the world, and what better way to keep in touch than a collaborative digital journal?

Sunday 8 March 2015

Cardiff capers

Time flies! I can't believe that my last post was last year! ....actually, I can believe it but I'm not pleased about it. January was extremely busy - I talked to trainee teachers in Swansea, Aberystwyth, and Newport; a new Education Coordinator started in Bangor and I went up for induction; there was a team meeting in London and Cambridge with lots of new faces - the RSC education team has doubled since last year! Phew!

February was a very different beast - not away at all (I think)! Lots of office days have helped to get some of the paperwork under control and things are looking positive for the future - especially now there's two of us working in Wales. :-)

Speaking of Wales, last Sunday was Saint David's Day (1st March). B's folks were visiting and it was a lovely sunny day here in Cardiff, so we went in to town to see the parade. The parade started at the Town Hall (next to the museum - where we grabbed a cuppa beforehand). It wound through the town and finished in Cardiff Castle grounds. Entrance to the Castle was free for the day, so we got to watch the start and the end of the parade.


According to the St David's Day Parade website, the non-military parade is an opportunity for those who live in Wales, regardless of age, ethnic or social background, to join a dignified and imaginative celebration of Welsh heritage and culture. So there were lots of community groups in the parade this year: Welsh pipers, giant seagulls, choristers, and lots of people in traditional dress. :-) The rest of my photos are here.
From 2012

I really liked the home-made costumes - The dragons were some of my favourites - they were all so different (other than being red and black) and fabulous. I don't think the parade was impressive as the last time I saw it... mainly because they didn't have ANY of the giant puppets of famous Welsh people.

Wonder what next year's parade will be like.
:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.