Header Title and JS

original christmas rocknroll stpats easter beltane superheroes movies seasonscolours worldcup update pirates footy animals halloween mii simpsons shrek gaming 2009 2012

The Family Bandwagon

Our family is spread out across the country and across the world, and what better way to keep in touch than a collaborative digital journal?

Friday 7 May 2010

Moving moving

I didn't take much of a lunch-break, so I've got time to write an update here. :-)  You all know that Glenn and Dee are moving back to Australia at the end of the month (via a long and interesting travel route). So, I have to move out on my own (again *grin*). I was a bit worried about finding a place that I can afford, is easy transport from work and has all of life's little luxuries (like non-shared toilets, your own kitchen and maybe even a washing machine). I'm happy to say that after spending hours looking at potential places on the internet and viewing one in real life, I've got a place to move in to!

Unfortunately, the photos were taken down before I could steal them to put up here, so you'll have to wait for me to take my own to see what it's like. It's a self-contained studio with a grown-up bunk bed (ie. my bed is above the bathroom and there's a ladder to get to it..hehe). It's got a kitchen area (with two gas hotplates, a convection microwave, a small fridge/freezer and a table and chairs!), a lounge area (with sofa bed - in case of visitors) and my very own outside courtyard (probably less than 2m squared). It's compact, but good. Although it's all one big room, the raised bed makes it feel more like a multi-room flat. :-)

Anyway, I pick up the keys tomorrow and then have two and a bit weeks to move everything! How exciting.

*hugz*

1 comment:

  1. That's great. I guess Bruce will help you move but maybe will still need to store some of your bits and pieces. The courtyard will be great with summer coming. How close is to work? You'll get fit climbing up and down the ladder to bed, but the sofa bed sounds a great bonus.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.