Header Title and JS

original christmas rocknroll stpats easter beltane superheroes movies seasonscolours worldcup update pirates footy animals halloween mii simpsons shrek gaming 2009 2012

The Family Bandwagon

Our family is spread out across the country and across the world, and what better way to keep in touch than a collaborative digital journal?

Saturday 22 May 2010

Early mornings

Technically I've been in my flat for two weeks now.. admittedly it doesn't really feel like it - but that's probably because I've been too busy to just hang around.

You may have read on FB that I was working last weekend - three long but fun days. Friday I drove four of us to Wales, after hassles getting the hire car that we'd ordered.. apparently the previous rentee had been in a bingle (you guys know what I mean here, right? everyone I've spoken to has no idea what I'm talking about and I'm beginning to think I'm making up words..). Anyway, apparently they didn't have any car for us (and it was not their problem?!) but eventually it was sorted out and we  headed off, two hours late, in a 9-seater VW shuttle. Not the easiest thing to drive through peak hour traffic, but I managed!

We spent the weekend showing people physics tricks, like how to stick a kebab stick through a balloon, making straw oboes (like I did for Manchester Science Festival Speedy Science), growing marshmallows (and shrinking them again) and tipping cups of water over people's heads without them getting wet.

Drove back to London on Sunday night (more used to driving the van by then).. and got home around midnight. I didn't have to go to work on Monday (that's the rules - work the weekend, have Monday off) and I'm having this Monday off too. :-)

I'm slowly settling in to the flat. The full window makes it difficult to sleep later than 7.30am.. which is good and bad. A few days I've got up early, started putting things away / organising stuff and was late for work because I wasn't watching the time. Oops.


What's everyone else been up to?

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the update Dayna. I've just sent an email to update you on what I've been doing. You're a marvel with your driving. Well done. Hope to catch you on Skype one of these evenings. Thinking of you. Love Mum

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, sounds like we can get you a wall clock as a housewarming gift! :-)

    I had the same (word) problem the other day: someone asked me for something and I said, "You've got two chances: Buckley's and none." They had no idea what I meant!!

    See you on Tuesday eve.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.