Header Title and JS

original christmas rocknroll stpats easter beltane superheroes movies seasonscolours worldcup update pirates footy animals halloween mii simpsons shrek gaming 2009 2012

The Family Bandwagon

Our family is spread out across the country and across the world, and what better way to keep in touch than a collaborative digital journal?

Wednesday 6 August 2008

Viva la Cuba siempre ...


Not quite Spanish sunshine, but this weekend we went to the Carnaval del Pueblo (which Google Translate tells me means "carnival of the people"). It's a Latin-American festival, and was recommended by Glenda, Mark's girlfriend who lives in Barcelona. (Yes, I love the fact that one of my friends has a Spanish girlfriend ... and they met in Italia! Lot's of places to sleep on people's couches, methinks.)

But not quite Spanish sunshine (yes, I'm jealous ... pronounced "hyealous" in pseudo-Espanol fashion). In fact, so much "not quite Spanish sunshine" that we were rained out and headed to Angel for tapas and cocktails at a restaurant called "Cuba Libre" instead.

Many cocktails later we decided we were having a cocktail party! With a theme! And costumes! So in a couple of weekends we're having the inaugeral "Pop Star Cocktail Party".

But the question is: Who should I go as? (No points for saying "Moby".)

3 comments:

  1. Michael Stype! Ed Kowalczyk!

    But seriously, for a pop star party there's surely only one choice.

    David Robert Jones, aka David Bowie. Break out the silver facepaint and buy the biggest wig you can find :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first thought was that this blog was from Dayna on holidays. But no it was from summer in London??
    No ideas for a pop star party. I have to decide about a dress up day in five weeks. Last year I did the dragon and the previous year a mermaid. Neither were easy to work in. What can I do with high heeled red boots? that is suitable for a kinder and I can manage six hours in??
    My work hours are to increase in a couple of weeks. We now have a new teacher for the Friday group so Linda will increase her hours with the four year olds and cut out the Friday group of three year olds.That means I will work from 8.45 till 2.45 from Monday to Thursday for the rest of the year but not until after the visit by Damien and cheryl next week.
    Great to hear from you even if I haven't managed to catch you at home. Maybe you were washing your hair?Lots of love to all. Thinking about you
    Mum and Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to agree with Damien - my very first (sensible) thought was The Bowie.

    Other less-sensible thoughts have included: one of the Spice Girls; ABBA; Elvis Presley.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.