Header Title and JS

original christmas rocknroll stpats easter beltane superheroes movies seasonscolours worldcup update pirates footy animals halloween mii simpsons shrek gaming 2009 2012

The Family Bandwagon

Our family is spread out across the country and across the world, and what better way to keep in touch than a collaborative digital journal?

Sunday 4 May 2008

May Day weekend

Hello family,

Yes, it's been a while, but don't think that I've not been thinking of all of you. I've been working hard with Lab in a Lorry (leaving before 6 am, getting back at 4 or 5 pm... it's a tiring day!).

Patrick at Nottingham CastleHowever, I HAVE had time to have some adventures. Maybe not as many as Patrick has had, but it's kept me busy. :-)

A couple of weeks ago I went over to Nottingham to visit my friend Bruce (photo set here). We checked out Nottingham Castle (it's like a museum), went to the oldest pub in England and spent a day at Drayton Manor.

loops and turnsDrayton Manor was so much fun. It's a fun park with roller-coasters and rides). As you can see from this photo, some of the roller coasters had loops and corkscrews and they were so much fun!
We made the mistake of going on the water ride early in the day - so I spent much of the day with a wet behind. At least the speed of the other rides helped dry me out.. although it was a tad chilly. *grin*
I think we ended up going on almost every ride.. we even went on some rides that were designed for kiddies (heheh.. oops).

Anyway, it's taken me a long time to upload even these photos.. I'm in the process of uploading the Paris photos.. but that's another story that will be told another time. *grin*

*big hugz*

1 comment:

  1. I don't check the bandwagon for a weekend and suddenly there's three new posts. Great to hear from you Dayna. You certainly have been busy. I'm sure you miss your little car. Lisa keeps it going tho and appreciates having it.
    We've been putting things away now that the carpet is down. When the blinds come, we'll probably have to move out some bits and pieces so Cherille can fit them. Today we moved the stereo from the lounge since the other one wasn't working.Then we rearranged the lounge suite so the room looks bigger. I'm sure I'll find much when I get into the storeroom. Today I got the sewing machine back out again so I can sew. i hope that since we have two desks in the study as well as the computer table, we can put all those miscellaneous bits and pieces out here(out of sight) instead of on the kitchen table or in the lounge. Good plan!Photos when we get it all organised.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.