Header Title and JS

original christmas rocknroll stpats easter beltane superheroes movies seasonscolours worldcup update pirates footy animals halloween mii simpsons shrek gaming 2009 2012

The Family Bandwagon

Our family is spread out across the country and across the world, and what better way to keep in touch than a collaborative digital journal?

Friday 21 December 2007

new hair, new job


just wanted to let everyone know that as of next Feb, i'll be coordinating Lab in a Lorry for the North-West of England.

Lab in a Lorry is run by the Institute of Physics and is essentially a mobile physics laboratory. A 10 tonne truck travels to schools where volunteers run lab sessions with school students (11 - 14 years old). My job will be getting it all to happen: booking schools; liaising with the lorry drivers to make sure the truck gets there; recruiting, training and organising the volunteers; welcoming students to the lorry; making sure the experiments are working (and maybe coming up with some more); handling any media.. i'm sure there's more that i just don't know about yet. *grin*

Because the job is for the North-West, I get to stay in Manchester (where I have good friends and a comfortable place to live), and the extreme project management for this position is going to be good for me... as long as it doesn't kill me. *grin*

I've got a lot of ends to wrap up in my current position before February, so I think I'm going to be busy over the 'break' (not to mention that I'm going to Budapest from 24th - 28th.. woohoo). But I hope to be able to chat to all of you sometime in the next couple of weeks - on Skype would be good, just let me know when you'll be around.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the new job. You come up with the most unusual jobs and in fact jobs I've never heard of before. I'm glad you don't have to drive the lorry, but i'm sure you'd just take it in your stride if you did. I'll try ringing on the free card tomorrow morning (Saturday evening for you) or Monday morning. Maybe we'll try sunday evening after everyne has gone home. Damien and Cheryl called in about 1.30 and have now gone visiting. Nana was here so she saw them too.
    Love the hair. Mine is dark again and still not as short as I'd like.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.