Header Title and JS

original christmas rocknroll stpats easter beltane superheroes movies seasonscolours worldcup update pirates footy animals halloween mii simpsons shrek gaming 2009 2012

The Family Bandwagon

Our family is spread out across the country and across the world, and what better way to keep in touch than a collaborative digital journal?

Wednesday 24 October 2007

voiceless communicator?

Hi all,

I know, I know.. I still need to put up the Prague pictures and write a proper entry about that (it seems sooooo long ago now.. oops). I've been pretty busy lately because this week is the first Manchester Science Festival.

The Chemistry/MAGMANet contribution started on Monday (the festival started on Saturday and will run till Sunday, but we're only doing things during the work week). It was pretty hectic - my frames hadn't turned up (actually, they had but I wasn't told about it!), everything had to be transported across to the Manchester Museum, the lecturer for the evening was sick and hadn't come from France so my boss had to re-write the lecture (and learn it) in order to present it and things were generally a bit crazy (lots and lots of kids at the stall!). To top it all off, by the end of the day I was croaky - my voice was going.

Tuesday morning - no voice at all! Yes, I spent yesterday whispering and trying to explain magnets and magnetism without a voice. Not the easiest thing to do, but I made sure I stuck a "I've lost my voice" post-it to my nametag and people seemed to be responsive.

Last night I didn't sleep very well - lots of coughing. I'm afraid that the losing the voice was the start of a cold with very bad timing. I still can't really talk today, but I have regained SOME control of my voice (I can at least make some noise!). I think I'm going to have to whisper today too - and cross my fingers that tomorrow I have some semblance of voice by the end of the week.

Hope everyone else is good. I'll post photos when I've got time to put them up..

*big hugz* to all.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, that sucks. We managed to avoid a cold most of the trip, but it hit us on the last day. Still, I could afford to lose my voice.. are you still giving demonstrations? or are you just managing other people now?

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.