Header Title and JS

original christmas rocknroll stpats easter beltane superheroes movies seasonscolours worldcup update pirates footy animals halloween mii simpsons shrek gaming 2009 2012

The Family Bandwagon

Our family is spread out across the country and across the world, and what better way to keep in touch than a collaborative digital journal?

Friday 10 June 2016

Gordon St Gossip

A week and a bit ago I managed to come off my bike. I was riding on the road and tried to ride up onto the footpath only to discover the gap between the two which I thought was manageable was actually quite wide. The bike went into the gap, and I continued with great force into the footpath.  I was a bit battered and bruised, and indeed my left shoulder is still recovering (I'll be sleeping on my right side for a while yet I suspect)

It's messed me about, but I've continued with my passion project - building a complete set of 16th century Japanese armour. I started it as a way to improve my non-existent handyman skills, although about 800 holes later I'm possibly only improving my skills with a drill. To buy a set of armour costs around $1000 though, so slow though my progress is at least, using the scrap metal I found around the shed, it's pretty cheap.

Apart from that I've been working. One animation job has turned into 4, but hopefully once they're finished I can have a bit of a break. I did find the first one I completed up on YouTube, so if you feel the need you can watch it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SNAxpQR1fc

Cheryl has finally caught the cold that's worked it's way through the household. It doesn't mean she gets a break from ferrying the kids from place to place, it just means she feels a bit more miserable while doing so. Hopefully she'll be better soon. Her bro will be arriving back in Bendigo with his family at the end of the month, and possibly Rach as well, so it will be great to catch up with them all again.

Oscar is doing much better at school - I think he's found his group of lunchtime friends, which is good. Right now he's all about the Pokemon card game, and I think they might regularly gather in the library to discuss it. Totally not like I used to do with Magic: The Gathering.

As I mentioned on Facebook chat his swimming skills haven't been advancing like we would hope, but the Swim School have offered him (free!) one-on-one classes to get him past the block. The school is pricey, but they definitely care about their students. He had advanced okay, and then went backwards, so hopefully this will get him back on track.

Lil is doing well with her dancing, swimming and kinder. She's a cheeky little bugger. This morning I gave her a pair of socks, and she said she already had some from the night before. I asked her what she did with the extra pair, and she answered "chucked 'em in the BIN" before running off chortling to herself. With no pants on of course.

That's about it from us for the last couple of weeks.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.