Header Title and JS

original christmas rocknroll stpats easter beltane superheroes movies seasonscolours worldcup update pirates footy animals halloween mii simpsons shrek gaming 2009 2012

The Family Bandwagon

Our family is spread out across the country and across the world, and what better way to keep in touch than a collaborative digital journal?

Friday 17 November 2006

39 hours and a space cadet

Hello hello..

Another blog from me to let everyone know that I made it safely to Glenn and Dee's place last night.

After getting to Melbourne airport around 5 or 6pm on Wednesday afternoon, I arrived in Edinburgh at about 8.30pm Thursday night. You may be thinking "that's only 28 hours.. where did 39 come from?".. and the answer, my friends, is Time Difference! Yes, the times above are local times.. so to get an accurate length of travel, simply add the 11 hours that Melbourne is ahead of Edinburgh. *phew*..

By the end of the trip, I was very much a space cadet... and I must say that I still feel like one today.. so this will just be a short post before I head in to town to sort out my phone and to get some fresh air (so very fresh - brrr).

During the trip I traveled in an assortment of ways - buses, trains, planes, the underground, a taxi and my own two feet. I had about 40 kgs of luggage to contend with - which was fine for the plane ride but not so fun for the tube/underground experience.. especially since the direct line from Paddington (where the Heathrow Express (train) dropped me) to Kings Cross (where I caught the train to Edinburgh) was not working.. that might not sound like much but it meant two underground trains, at least one extra set of stairs (with my 25kg backpack and a trolley with another 20kgs of so). *phew* I certainly got my exercise yesterday. :)

Anyway, I'd best get a move on - I think it's about lunch time over here and I'm going to get something whilst I'm out.

Take care and let's see if everyone can write a new blog entry (not just reply to other blogs). :)

*hugz*

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you made it safely. i don't know that Dad and I could do as well. i'm back doing family tree research so I may send information that you could check being there. Let me know if it is expensive. There's some things I can do on line as long as I pay some money. More to come on that.
    Hope all works out well. I still haven't heard from tamara who's going the other way and coming home after eight years. Love to all over there. Mum

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh, I meant to say in my post that it was good to hear you got there ok. Don't forget to collect bottle caps *wink* lol
    oh, and we have got the money for you too, I will see mum tomorrow about putting it into your account! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you got there ok :) Sounds like a tiring trip though. I hope you've recovered by now :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. "..and i think it's gonna be a long long time til touchdown brings me 'round again to find..."

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.