Header Title and JS

original christmas rocknroll stpats easter beltane superheroes movies seasonscolours worldcup update pirates footy animals halloween mii simpsons shrek gaming 2009 2012

The Family Bandwagon

Our family is spread out across the country and across the world, and what better way to keep in touch than a collaborative digital journal?

Monday 27 June 2005

This is a great idea!

I love it! This is something else I can do instead of work, especially considering that it is my last week (and a short week at that -- I finish on Thursday)! Work is boring at the moment, but perhaps that's because of my attention span, rather than the work itself? I slept in this morning, caught a taxi and still only made it in just before 10 o'clock!

Of course, writing here will mean I'm officially contributing to three separate blogs ... but at least I'm writing! Did I tell everyone (anyone?) that I'm going to try to be a (commercial) writer? I've been checking out the requirements for writing for some online tech magazines, so once I've written a few articles I can send them in and see if I get picked up. If that works, maybe some print magazines, all whilst I write my big novel. I'll keep working as a computer programmer, of course -- I like my tea and crumpets (and a roof, and warmth, and all those other creature comforts that require a regular income). So it's kind of a far-far-far-future thing.

This weekend we packed up some boxes, moved stuff around (where "around" means "Tim's place" -- thanks Timmeh!). Dee's sister Kendall and her clan are coming on Tuesday, which means there will be five people in our little spare room. Again, big thanks to Tim for some mattresses to put on the floor!! This week is going to be exciting, and crowded.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.